Oct 2, 2012

Fall Into Reading Challenge 2012



Fall Into Reading is hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days. It was the first challenge that I participated in in 2009. (I failed miserably, but don't tell anyone). I love it because the only reading requirements that apply are those that you set yourself. It means I don't have to go off my reading course, but still get a slight nudge to finally pick up some books from my shelf that have been gathering dust for too long.

The Fall Into Reading Challenge officially began on September 22nd, but since I was busy with other stuff, I'm joining late. And this is the beauty of this challenge-you can join in any time between the first and last day of Fall, December 21.



To participate, here’s what you need to do:
  • Create a list of books you’d like to read or finish this fall. This is the only real requirement for participating in the challenge. 
  • Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). However,this is not required; setting additional goals is completely optional. 
  • Write a blog post that includes the list of books you want to read (and any additional goals you’ve set), and get ready to post it on your blog on September 22nd. 
  • Visit Callapidder Days on September 22nd to sign up for the challenge. I’ll have an official launch post up that morning, complete with an area for you to submit a link to your personal Fall Into Reading post, where it will be added to the master list of participants. 
  • Read! Work on your goals throughout Fall 2012. 
  • Report your results. Write another blog post in December to let everyone know how you did. (I’ll post an official wrap-up to the challenge on December 22nd, where you’ll be able to share your results.) 
  • Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your fall reading!
HERE'S MY LIST:
This list will grow, as I'm also adding books received for review. Some of these are door-stoppers  so lets just keep it at that for the time being. To join, visit Callapidder Days and sign up HERE.

I predict a nice and slow Fall filled with good books :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...