Dec 23, 2009

Fall Into Reading Challenge Wrap-Up


This challenge was hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days, and ran from September 22 - December 20, just like the season. I loved the simple rules and freedom of choice involved, and thought it to be the perfect one to be my first reading challenge. Now it's finished, and here's how I did.


Here are the books I intended to read:
Sermons by John Winthrop, William Bradford, Thomas Shepard,
Benjamin Franklin, The Autobiography
Herman Melville, Moby Dick-- still reading
stories and poems by Edgar Allan Poe
Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Minister's Black Veil
selected poems by Walt Whitman and Emily Dickinson
Henry James, Daisy Miller
Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Theodore Dreiser, Sister Carrie --reading now
Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights,



In addition to these, I read several other books. Here is the list with some links to reviews:
The Sitting Swing by Irene Watson
Storm Surge by Nadine Laman
motorbikes, ducks and crispy sweet apples by Christopher I King
Peeking Over the Edge by Cathy Marley
The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen
An Equal Music by Vikram Seth
Mom's Story: A Child Learns About MS by Mary J. Nickum
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton 
Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran 
Cirque de Frique: The Vampire's Assistant by Darren Shan
Bleachers by John Grisham 
Daisy Miller by Henry James

I really enjoyed this challenge, though I can't say I finished it completely...I still have two to finish.
Am I forgiven?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...