Jan 18, 2010

Guest Author: Jennifer Murgia


Today I'm thrilled to present Jennifer Murgia, author of the upcoming Angel Star (to be published May 18 2010 with Lands Atlantic Publishing LLC), available for pre-orders.

About Jennifer:
Jennifer has been writing since she was nine years old. After receiving recognition for her poetry, she went on to use her talents to bring characters to life in fiction novels that are authentic, intriguing, and personal. She currently resides in Pennsylvania with her husband and two children.

 About Angel Star (Amazon description):

Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand-the mark of an angel.
But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.
Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower.




Where did the idea for Angel Star come from? 
It sort of jumped into my head one evening. The prospect of eternal, unconditional love took me by surprise and so I went with it – playing out the story of a guardian angel falling for the girl he was meant to protect. The idea was so strong that I immediately began writing some of it down and continued it the next morning. Before I knew it, I was onto something. 

How long have you been working on it? 
It took me eight months to write the book.
  
What or who inspires you to write? 
My husband was the initial inspiration for the premise. I find music to have a large impact as well. I can be struck by the emotions of one line, or one chord and take it from there and apply it to a character.
What is the best thing to do when you get writers block? 
I put it down and walk away. Honestly, cold turkey. Then after a good, solid day of removing myself from whatever I was having trouble with, I’ll reread the entire project to get a better perspective. Sometimes the only way for me to move forward is to take it from the beginning with new eyes. By the time I’ve reached the “problem spot”, I’ve been inspired enough to go from there.
Will there be a sequel to Angel Star? 
Yes!! My publisher is moving forward with the second book and I’m so excited! I’ll be posting information about it soon on my website.
If Angel Star was to be made into a movie, who would you like to play Teagan and Garreth? 
Ooh, that’s a hard one. Not sure, but it would make a cool movie!
Do you have some rituals when you write (music, a hot drink, a special place...)? 
After my children have left for school, I usually get my coffee, fire up the computer and go to town.  I usually devote my mornings to writing. Later, I’ll break for other things that need attention, and maybe I’ll go back to writing for an hour or so later. I need to write in total quiet.                                                                                                                                   
What are you currently working on (if it's not a secret)? :) 
I’m working on finishing up the next book in the series. Just another couple of chapters and I’ll make my April deadline. 
I have three other books (not part of Angel Star) that are brewing in my head, begging for my attention. I think I should start them soon before I go nuts. 
What was the most difficult thing you encountered on your road to publication? 
Rejection. I queried a good number of agents and publishers who simply didn’t connect with the story enough to make an offer. It’s like searching for a needle in a haystack to find the one person who will champion your project. Lands Atlantic Publishing was mine and I’m so blessed to have gone with them. 

Who are the authors you admire? 
Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games), Cate Tiernan (Sweep series), Libba Bray, to name a few.

Thank you for this chat, Jennifer! 
Visit Jennifer at her official website and follow her on Twitter!


 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...