Sep 22, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (Sep 22)


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews where we show the books (and book-related things) that we received for review, purchased, borrowed...in the last week.




For review:


Snowspell by Sophia Pereira Murphy (ebook from the author)


Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel  Cohn and David Levithan (Netgalley)

Finished both. Really loved, both of them, too. Snow Spell is unique in form and content, a modern Snow White retelling in prose poems. My review is scheduled for Monday. Dash and Lily...we've had a few bumps, but nothing too serious. This one will be reviewed some time next week. (The UK paperback release date is Oct 2).


Bought:

I finally decide to read her novels, and what do I do? Buy the third in the series first. Yay me. But no worries, I'll hunt down the first two books in the series :)

Presents:



You already know how often my book(worm) loving darling surprises me with books. This week was no exception. And boy, what a nice surprise. He sent me Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran (as established in my last StS, I love her books!)



Also, since he was so completely enchanted with Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, he bought a copy for me. Not just any; A FLIPBOOK! Almost 900 pages fitting in your palm!


 So cute! I'm sure I'll love the inside as well, but for now, I adore this format. I've never had the chance to hold one, but always thought that it should be impractical. I was wrong-it's very readable, and fits into your smallest purse ;)




Nice little pile, if I daresay so myself. I'll try to stay off NetGalley for a while , and clear out my latest few acquisitions, but Dash and Lily were too hard to resist.

What's new on your bookshelf this week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...