A long time ago I used to do weekly wrap-ups which were basically three or four memes thrown into one, and that worked best for me. I'm switching back to that model. And no, this is not an attempt at creating a new meme, and I'm not linking it anywhere. Since I'm hoping to get a job soon (as in, come on, Universe, it's not funny anymore soon), I expect my time will be even more limited, hence one accumulative post on Saturday.
This week on WTSL
I posted two reviews: Ashes by Ilsa J Bick and Forbidden Fruit by Eden Bradley (only 18+, please!)
New books on the shelf:
Book craving of the week:
Around the blogosphere:
- Megan @ Book Brats wrote this blog post and put me to shame with her honesty. I wish I were this brave.
- European Bloggers Unite! Are you a European book blogger? Have no one to talk to when your overseas friends are asleep? Hop over to Lexxie's blog, add your name in the Linky and meet new friends from your neighborhood.
- Why didn't I know about The Real FAUXtographer before?! This girl is recreating scenes from YA novels and I was blown away by this one, inspired by a scene from Across the Universe by Beth Revis.
- Lots of book-to-movie news lately. Chloe Moretz cast as Mia in Gayle Forman's 'If I Stay'. Emma Roberts is playing Lena in the 'Delirium' (Lauren Oliver) pilot. Geoffrey Rush and Emily Watson to star in 'The Book Thief by Markus Zusak ' .
- Parajunkee and The Bookish Brunette are hosting the first Book Blogger Twitter Con, "the first Twitter based book blogger conference". It will take place April 1st-April 7th and there will be lots of great topics, discussions, giveaways and blogger awards. You can nominate your favorite bloggers, books and authors in various categories. Read more about it here.
- Are you a beginner blogger? Independent Fashion Bloggers make some great points about why it's awesome to be a rookie. I'm not so much into fashion, but IFB is full of awesome advice no matter what you blog about.
- I'm thinking about attending the Frankfurt Book Fair in October and I started paying extra attention to bloggers' experiences and advice on such events. Katie wrote this post about do's and don'ts while attending a conference.
|My kid thought that my shelf lacked a special something.|
Be good, read much, and have a great week!