May 9, 2013

YA Review: Imaginable by J. Meyers


Imaginable by J. Meyers
Published April 16th 2013
Source: review copy from the author
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Goodreads summary: Twins Sera and Luke Raine’s unusual abilities are growing. Sera is healing vampires now, making them human again. And, at times, Luke can actually change the future he Sees.
But Sera’s healing has dangerous consequences, and though Luke is altering the outcome of more visions, he can’t control them yet.
Now Sera is in danger as the dark creatures of the Realm seek to use her. As Luke struggles to master his gift in order to save his sister, he discovers even more about his powers. 
And what he learns just may put him in greater danger than Sera has ever been.

Reading Imaginable exactly a year after Intangible felt like returning to school after a long summer during which you missed your friends. And boy, did I miss Sera, Luke and the rest of the gang.

Somewhere around page two I remembered why exactly (and how much) I enjoyed the first book. J. Meyers writes amazing characters, most of whom you'd really love to be friends with. There were a few new characters introduced at the end of Intangible, and I'm glad to say they didn't disappoint.

And don't even get me started on the connection between Sera and Luke. They manage to be the typical finish-each-others'-sentences twins without being cliche. Their connection is the highlight of this series for me.

While the plot didn't really keep me at the edge of the seat, there were sufficient sub-plots and twists to keep my interest. Also, there are things changing for the characters (in Luke's case, developing) and given my love for Meyer's characters, that was more than enough to satisfy me.

I wish I had time to reread the first book in the series though. There were some details concerning Marc that I was a bit fuzzy about. By the end of the novel I remembered what the deal was, and why I was rooting for Jonas anyway, not Marc.

Imaginable is a very good sequel to Intangible. With Luke's abilities growing, and Sera already reaping the consequences for her healing, I've no doubts that the third book will be just as great.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...