Oct 22, 2009

A new challenge!

Sandy from Just...one more page is hosting her very own Global Classic Challenge! I think it's a great one and I'm definitely participating. Here's what Sandy says about it:



I have just created my very first challenge! The theme is classic literature from different countries. I think a lot of readers get intimidated when it comes to classic literature because the books are often voluminous. Well, fear not, my friends! This is a small-scaled challenge since I only picked 6 books. At the end of the challenge I intend to do a giveaway. The readers who finish and submit reviews for all 6 books before the deadline will receive a little surprise in the mail. Are you interested yet? 



Name: Global Classic Challenge


Theme: Reading 6 classic books from different countries, with each book representing one country

Requirement: Read and review all listed books before June 30, 2010   

Here is the list:
Age of the Innocence by Edith Wharton [United States]-my review here 

100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez [Columbia]

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte [England]

My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk [Turkey]
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky [Russia]
Every Man Dies Alone by Hans Fallada [Germany]


If you're interested, pop over to Just...one more page and leave a comment. I'm lucky to have found one that will give me the nudge to finally finish Wuthering Heights!  
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...