Sep 22, 2011

Review: Krila anđela (Unearthly #1)

Krila anđela (Unearthly, #1)Krila anđela by Cynthia Hand

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


As the two stars suggest, it was ok, and that pretty much sums up my experience with this book. I bought it almost two months ago, and the fact that I only just finished it says a lot. At first I was annoyed with the not-so-good translation, but decided to turn a blind eye. Turns out the translation wasn't the biggest problem.

First of all, I hated the mother. One moment she's overly enthusiastic, next moment she's all gloomy and cold, refusing to tell anything that might help Clara get a better picture of what she really is. For her own protection? She should learn from her own experience? Leave us all in dark for more than 200 pages that dragged without anything interesting happen and made me want to set that fire myself to get things rolling?



The last 100 pages saved this book from being a complete disappointment for me. By now, the only reason I kept reading was Tuck. Love him, love the way he treats Clara, love absolutely everything about him.

Another plus is the world building. Great job on that, I felt the snow beneath my feet, the river streaming by, the smell of wildflowers, the soft breeze on my face.

The ending, after the show-off of powers with the angel from hell, had an effect. Some things I saw coming, some not. There are still question marks floating around my head.



Maybe I should just stop reading books about angels because so far none was satisfying.



View all my reviews
Source: bought
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...