Oct 1, 2011

Review: Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson

Nothing but TroubleNothing but Trouble by Rachel Gibson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published (Paperback) September 19, 2011 (Corgi)
Summary: When opposites attract, the sparks start to fly… 

Washed up from Hollywood and in serious need of cash, Chelsea Ross, aspiring actress, jumps at the $10,000 opportunity to act as ‘carer’ to famous hockey player Mark Bressler, injured after a car crash. After all, how hard can it be to play nice and pick up after an incredibly hot invalid in need of her tender loving care? Just three months of playing nurse and the cash is hers.
But Mark Bressler doesn’t need help. The moody hockey player’s glory days may be over, but he has no intention of letting anyone aid his recovery, least of all the maddeningly cheerful Chelsea. He’s determined to get her to quit – and Mark isn’t the type to give in. But then, neither is Chelsea…

Oh, this was one sexy book. Since this was my first Gibson book, I didn't know what to expect. It wasn't life-changing, but it was enjoyable and funny and -did I mention-sexy. Very much so.

As for the plot, it's your regular romance plot. They hate each other, they are attracted to each other, they have sex, a secret surfaces, there's tears and eventually a happy ending. I enjoyed it mostly because of the characters. You have a very House-like hockey player and a pixie-sized actress with big breasts constantly at each other's throats. Sparks are flying from the word go. You could cut the tension with a knife. Great job with dialogues. I read a large portion of this book on the bus and got a lot of odd glances for laughing out loud.

This is a nice and easy, feel-good, sit-back-and-relax book. I'd like to read the rest of the series. Hopefully it's just as sexy, witty and funny like this one.

My thanks goes to Lynsey Dalladay from Transworld for sending me a copy for review.


View all my reviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...