May 4, 2012

Follow Friday!


Welcome to another Feature and Follow My Book Blog Friday, a weekly meme where we answer book-related questions and get to know new book blogger buddies! FF is hosted by Rachel @Parajunkee's Views and Alison @Alison Can Read.


Blogs featured this week are 









Q: What is one thing you wish you could tell your favorite author?

Oh. Okay. Where are my tissues?

Dear Mr. Tolkien.
I was introduced to your fantastic world when I was a tween. It's hard to sum up in a short paragraph how much joy your books have brought me, because it never happened again that I was so completely lost in a work of fiction like when I was reading The Lord of  The Rings for the first time. It also never happened again that I felt a fantastic world to be so real and within my reach. Because of you I have learned how reading works-real reading, immersing into black words on white paper-and entering another world that I ache to belong to. I cried so many times when we parted. It always hurts so much, turning the last page. I treat your books with special care. Time has somewhat yellowed the pages and the spine is on the verge of breaking, because I reread your books at least once a year. You gave me the time of my life in so many ways. Talking about your books has brought me closer to many great friends. For that, a simple THANK YOU will never be enough...

Happy Friday, everyone!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...