Jul 20, 2009

Autism Awareness



With the Tesla book, I inadvertently started a series of non-fiction books. I am currently reading Elijah’s Cup: A Family’s Journey into the Community and Culture of High-Functioning Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome by Valerie Paradiž. This book has a very personal meaning for me, and I will explain it further on the next Sunday Salon post. In that spirit, I also changed my blog background. Though Autism Awareness Day is on April 2nd, I think it’s never the wrong day to warn against the problems and prejudice they are faced with. I’m keeping this background for a week or so as a humble act from my corner of the world to show my support to people with autism and Asperger’s and their families. I truly admire you!


Thank you, cutestblogontheblock.com for providing this awesome background!



After that, I will be reading Warris Dirie’s Desert Flower. Also a very touching book…more on it in days to come.

Wish you all a beautiful day!
xo,
Ivy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...