Jul 19, 2009

My first award!



I received my first blog award! Thank you so much, JoAnne, for the award and your beautiful comments alike! In order to receive the award, I need to list seven of my favorite things. Here’s my list:


1. My son. Little G. is turning two in September. My heart melts when he wakes me up in the morning with a small kiss, whispering Mama into my ear. Being a single mom at the age of 22 is extremely difficult-but when I see my little angel happy, healthy and bright, I know I’ve done something right in my life!


2. Reading. Re-discovered in college. For four high school years of reading-because-I-have-to, I am now reading-because-I-want-to again!


3. Writting. Also re-discovered lately on a new level. My oblivion and my way to deal with sad things.


4. Music. Rock of any sort, genre, era. Foo Fighters, Aerosmith, Evanescence, Seether, Judas Priest…you name it!


5. Coffee. I’m not going to reveal how much coffee I drink. It’s suicidal.


6. College. I’m at the second year of English-German Language and Literature, aiming for my Bachelor’s degree this time next year, afterwards MA in English translation. Already see myself as a translator of literary texts, not boring legal stuff. It means a lot to me; I’ve passed so many obstacles to be where I am now and I’m proud of it.


7. The countryside. Though Croatia is famous for the beautiful Adria See, I’m from the continental part. I’m surrounded with fields of rye and sunflowers, wonderfully changing colors as the seasons change.

I’m passing this award on to:


Nadine from First Draft-thank you for your support, inspiration and guidance! Please, make sure to check out her web site and her blog. She is an awesome writer whose story to publication is truly worth admiring!

Ella from The Clock Monkey. Ella is a wonderfully creative Argentinean girl and an expert on YA novels. Her stories are great too. Though I read less YA than before, old habits don’t change easily. The Clock Monkey is the ultimate source for great new novels, book blogs and creative ideas.

Katie from 101 books in 1001 Day. A blog I discovered recently on The Sunday Salon. Katie and I seem to think on the same wavelength when it comes to books!


Once again-thank you, JoAnn! Enjoy your vacation! Italy is worth it, particularly Venice! Been there!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...