Oct 2, 2009

September Report!


We're already in October, can you believe it? September was crazy and hectic and I wonder now how I managed to read anything beside my textbooks. I guess, if you're passionate about something, you'll find the time. I wish I could say the same for writing. I think I didn't write more than 5K words in the whole month, and it was mostly edits and few rewrites. Shame on me, I know...The good news is I'm back to writing, I did more than 5K in the past two days and it has the same effect on me as when I started-it's relaxing and thrilling at the same time, reminding me why I write in first place.

A bunch of books arrived in my mailbox last month. You already had the chance to read my reviews in Seeking Sara Summers by Susan Gabriel, The Sitting Swing by Irene Watson and High Tide by Nadine Laman. I enjoyed them all. I have just finished Storm Surge, the last in the Kathryn's Beach trilogy. The review is coming up on Sunday. Currently, I'm reading motorbikes, ducks and crispy sweet apples by Christopher I King, which I won at DJ Kirkby's giveaway. I read the first hundred pages on the bus today. Several times I burst into laugh and got myself puzzled glances. It's dark humor all the way and I can't wait to get back to it.

I also took on my first reading challenge, the Fall into Reading Challenge hosted by Katrina at Callappider Days. I'm doing good so far: I finished three books from the list. I was supposed to do some book shopping today, but I simply didn't find time. Seems like I'll be able to squeeze in several additional books. Isn't that great?

I also won another blog award! Nadine gave me the Your Blog is Fabulous award. You can read my post about it here.

We have celebrated my Little Hobbit's Birthday. Though it was just the two of us, we  had a great time, eating a great cherry and chocolate cake and dancing our feet off.

These days I'm on a hunting adventure for a new apartment. The dorm has been filled long ago, so I need to find something else. It's difficult now all the good places have been taken. This is the worst time for apartment hunting, but It's my least problem-the important thing is I managed to stay on college despite all the troubles I had this summer. Ah, let's just hope something good will come my way or I'll have to camp on the college.
Kidding.

And...I got myself a new haircut, considerably shorter than the last one I had. Just so I change something.

What did you do in September? What will you be doing in October?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...