Nov 15, 2009

TSS What a week...


...and the worst is yet to come. The first round of revision tests is just around the corner, starting Monday with Puritan Literature. Next thing you know, it's Christmas, New Year, then February and the battle for exams begins.

The last week wasn't very fruitful when it comes to reading. I finished The Age of Innocence for the Global Classic Challenge. The only reason why I didn't post the review is that I forgot my reading journal with my favorite quotes, and doing the review without them would be like...chocolate chunkies without the chocolate. I loved the book, and I can't wait to share my favorite quotes with you. For a guy boring as Archer Newland, he did impress me several times.
Also, I started Wuthering Heights again. I'm near the point where I put it down last summer, but this time it's going to be different. Few months ago there was a discussion on not liking a book vs. not getting a book, and the conclusion was that some books demand a certain set of circumstances and a perfect timing. Hallelujah- mine seems to have come!

There is another book I started this week. It's The Tale of Time City by Diana Wynne Jones. When I was a kid I heard so much about her books, but never got to read any. It's what would today be labeled as Tween, and it's about a eleven-old girl in the time of WW II who finds herself traveling trough time. It's interesting to read a book about time traveling that was written in the year I was born. 

My copy of Cleopatra's Daughter arrived this week. It's looks amazing. Michelle sent me a signed hardcover with a bookmark!  Thanks, Michelle! I can't wait to start reading it, I read the first chapter and had to lay it aside until I finish the compulsory reading for college.


Friday was TWLOHA day. Since I didn't go out much, no one saw my tattoo. In the evening we went to see and Austrian movie, and that's when it came in handy since, well, I used a sharpy that glows in the dark!


Altogether, it was a bad week. I didn't feel like blogging , though I read a lot. I hope you guys had a better week, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the week to come is going to be much, much better!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...